Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Kissed a Girl...

As I'm sure most of you know, there is a new song out by Katy Perry, called "I Kissed a Girl." At the moment, Jeremy and I are currently obsessed with the song! It's always on the radio, it's now his ringtone for when I call and he even sings it to me! In fact, this is the story of how the obsession came to be.

About a week ago, I was tired and went to bed about an hour earlier than Jeremy. When he finally came to bed, he was about to kiss me goodnight, which he always does, when this conversation occurred:

J: Babe, are you sleeping?

S: (Sleeping) silence

J: Babe? (Gives me a kiss)

S: (Yes, still sleeping) still silence

J: (Gives me another kiss and starts singing) "I kissed a girl and I liked it...the taste of her cherry chapstick"

S: (Starting to gain consciousness and thinking, "What is that noise?")

J: Babe! (Kiss) Are you awake? Babe, I'm singing to you! "I kissed a girl and I liked it..." (Kiss)"

S: (Semi-conscious, but conscious enough to know he's singing and annoying me) Uggggh!

J: Babe, "I kissed a girl and I liked it..."

S: Jeremy!! Pleeeeease stop singing!

The end! The song is now imbedded in both our heads and we are obsessed with it. Here is a link for your listening pleasure!

No comments: