Friday, July 1, 2011

Saremy’s Vacation 2011: Day 5

Up next on our Vacation-O-Fun...

Day 5: Universal Studios Orlando

IMAG0083
Day 5 of our vacation lead us to Universal Studios Orlando.  I love Universal Studios.  I think it's the theme park that people tend to forget about, but I love it!  From the classic "Jaws" ride to "Twister" to the backlot tour, it's a fun park that transports you into the sets of many movies.

IMAG0084
IMAG0085
IMAG0086
My two favorite rides at this park were "Revenge of the Mummy" and "Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket."  Though I've never seen The Mummy, I know the general idea and the ride is pretty fun.  It's all indoors and has moments of complete darkness, while it goes up and down.  With Rip Ride Rocket, you got up to 65 mph and climb 17 stories!  Plus, the coolest thing about the ride is that you get to pick your our soundtrack.  There are speakers near your ears and a bunch of songs to choose from, so your ride can always have a different theme! 

IMAG0088IMAG0089IMAG0090

One thing that I always LOVED about Universal Studios California, was the "I Love Lucy" store...though sadly, I don't think they have it anymore.  However, Universal Orlando has a Lucy Tribute store that we just HAD to check out and on the way there...we ran into Lucy and Ricky!!

IMAG0091IMAG0092

We were able to finish up at Universal by about 3pm and since we had a park hopper ticket...we went back to Universal Island of Adventure, specifically to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter for more butterbeer and rides!

IMAG0093

IMAG0087
Fun times on Day 5!  Where did we go to next...

No comments: