This is one of my favorite things to eat for breakfast...or even lunch! Whenever I eat it, I think, "Yum, this is delicious!" So, I decided to blog about it. :)
I got this recipe from Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger, on Food Network. In the episode, she uses the muesli as a base for parfaits with fruit and nuts. It is delish! I usually don't keep the kitchen stocked with nuts...so I just eat the muesli with whatever fruit I have on hand. The recipe is really easy to throw together and I always have the ingredients on hand. It makes four servings, so I portion them out for a quick, easy and healthy breakfast during the week. Enjoy!
Post fruit and ready to eat.
by Ellie Krieger, Food Network
- 1/4 cup unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted walnuts
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen (strawberries sliced)
- Toast the nuts in a dry skillet over a medium-high heat until golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Chop them coarsely then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, milk, honey, oats, and vanilla.
- Divide the oat mixture evenly among 4 small dishes or parfait glasses. Top each with a half cup of berries, then 2 tablespoons of nuts.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
Per Serving (serving size 3/4 cup muesli, 1/2 cup berries, 2 tablespoons nuts)
Calories 300; Total Fat 11 g; (Sat Fat 1 g, Mono Fat 3.5 g, Poly Fat 4.5 g) ; Protein 12 g; Carb 40 g; Fiber 6 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 75 mg
Excellent source of: Protein, Fiber, Vitamin C, Calcium, Manganese
Good source of: Riboflavin, Copper, Iodine, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus