I've discovered a new recipe that I'm totally obsessed with...pumpkin butter! I had some leftover canned pumpkin from when I made my Pumpkin Gingerbread, and this past weekend, I decided to do something about it. In my recipe search on Recipezaar, I came across this wonderful recipe for Warp-Speed Pumpkin Butter. I had all the ingredients, so I thought, "Why not?" Boy am I glad that I did because this stuff is absolutely amazing and I'm eating it any chance I get!
The recipe is so easy and takes less than 10 minutes to cook in the microwave. Oh my, the spices and the pumpkin are such a delicious combo! Plus, while it was cooking, the whole house smelled like fall deliciousness!! So far, I've had this pumpkin butter on toast and sliced apples, but the possibilities are endless. If you like pumpkin, this recipe is a must-try! Enjoy! :)
Ingredients, except the pumpkin cause I was already measuring it.
All mixed up and hot out of the microwave.
Yummy! Spread on apple slices.
Yum! Spread on toast.
Warp-Speed Pumpkin Butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling mix)
- Combine everything except the canned pumpkin in a microwaveable one quart bowl. Mix well.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, then stir.
- Mix in the pumpkin well, and microwave on high 5 minutes longer. It should be bubbly.
- Put into clean, sterilized jars for gift-giving, or into other clean, airtight containers for home use.
- Let cool slightly, then refrigerate.
- This will keep several weeks in refrigerator or can be frozen for longer storage. This cannot be kept in your pantry- must be refrigerated or frozen.