Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Chance to Bake

Well, in my brief return home this weekend I asked Jeremy if he wanted me to bake him some cookies or just buy him some.  Luckily for me (and my love for baking), he said he'd rather me to bake him some!  Yay!  So, I decided to make him some "Oh My D-Lux Chocolate Chip Cookies."  I've made him these multiple times before and he's rather fond of them, so he's enjoying a few as right now, as I type.

I found this recipe on Recipezaar and they are very tasty.  They include cereal, shredded coconut, nuts and of course, chocolate chips!  The combination of all the chunky ingredients creates a delicious and great texture for the cookie.  I used Corn Flakes, instead of Rice Krispies, left out the nuts (didn't have any) and subbed 1/4 cup of applesauce for 1 egg, since I forgot to buy more at the store earlier.  I also used Smart Balance 50/50 Butter Blend and I've decided that I don't like using this for baking!  As my cookies cooled, I noticed that they got really crispy (as did some cookies that I had previously made with this butter), instead of staying nice and soft (a general result of real butter).  Has anyone else used this Smart Balance butter and found the same result?  Oh well, the cookies are definitely still edible!

These lip smacking treats are easy to throw together and hard to stop eating!  I think I've already had four! :)  Enjoy!

 IMG_0910[2]

Ingredients.

 IMG_0911[2]

Mixing everything together with my PINK mixer.

 IMG_0913[2]

Finished cookies!

Oh My D-Lux Chocolate Chip Cookies

by Recipezaar

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened

2 cups firmly packed brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

2 cups Rice Krispies

1-2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 cup sweetened flaked coconut

1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

  2. Cream butter and add sugar, beating at low speed until light and fluffy.

  3. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.

  4. Combine flour and baking powder and add to creamed mixture until well combined.

  5. Stir in remaining ingredients.

  6. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls (or roll into 1 inch balls) onto baking sheets.

  7. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.

  8. Cool on wire racks.

4 comments:

Emily said...

The cookies sound delicious.
I've never used that "butter" before. I know what you're talking about though.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! What a great ingredient list. I LOVE the addition of the rice crispies. How creative!

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy! Have a great trip and we'll miss you on Wednesday night!

Unknown said...

I just wrote you a letter on my blog about your "butter problem."