Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sara Does Dallas - Round 2

Alright, so here I am on my last full day in Dallas for work.  On Monday morning, a few co-workers and I drove from Prescott to Phoenix at the crack of dawn (really! at like 5am), and then I flew out to Dallas.  The trip has been good and it even started out that way when the guy at Enterprise upgraded me for free!  When I returned my rental last Friday before I flew home, he was the guy the assisted me and he totally remembered me on Monday morning!  So, he put me in a Red Pontiac G6 with all the fixings, instead of some smaller crappy car.  Woo hoo!

The fairs have been pretty good this week and I'm becoming friends with other college reps who keep going to the same fairs that I do.  Since most fairs put us in alphabetical order, I have new friends from Elon University, East Texas Baptist,  and FDIM: Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (this is where LC from The Hills went!!).

During my spare time in-between fairs, I have found ways to entertain myself.  First of all, I finished reading "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer and I really liked it.  It is a very unique story about aliens and human love, and it gets you thinking. Totally different from her "Twilight" saga (as it should be) and I recommend it!

On Tuesday, I  visited Highland Park, TX, which seems to be the Beverly Hills of Texas.  It actually reminded me a lot of Scottsdale, AZ (*sigh* my home).  I ventured off this way because I knew that there was a SPRINKLES CUPCAKES there!  As usual, the cupcakes did not disappoint and I finally got to try a flavor that I've been dying to try...Peanut Butter Chip!  OH MY...it was by far THE BEST cupcake I've ever had IN MY LIFE!!  Peanut butter cake studded with chocolate chips, covered in Peanut Butter frosting with of course, sprinkles.  YUMMO!  I couldn't just go there and get one cupcake, so I also got a Chocolate Marshmallow cupcake - Belgian dark chocolate cake and marshmallow cream, covered with bittersweet chocolate ganache.  It too was delicious but nothing could compare to my dear Peanut Butter Chip! :-) 

SprinklesCupcakes

These are what Sprinkles Cupcakes look like.

I've also done a bit of shopping while here.  Since in Dallas, I absolutely HAD to go to the Dallas Cowboy Pro Shop to find something for my dad.

438px-Dallas_Cowboys_svg

  Then, I had to get a magnet for my dear friend, Tiffany.  Also, while in the mall I found this super cute coat at Steve & Barry's!  Wanna know how much it cost?  Of course you do!  It was $8.98.  That's right!  Only $8.98.  Awesome, huh?

Coat 2

And then finally today, I ventured over to the Premium Outlet Stores and got this little item.  Isn't it cute!?  It's my first Coach purse.  I've wanted one for years, but couldn't bring myself to spend $400-$500 on a purse (I find that to be a bit ridiculous, not to mention totally out of my budget!!).  Well, since this was a Premium Outlet Mall and a Coach "Factory" Store, I got an AMAZING deal on this purse.  Yay, I'm so excited!

 Purse

Besides all that, during my time here, I've discovered that: we need Panera Bread restaurants in AZ, we need a Whole Foods in Prescott, I enjoy watching Ellen at 3 'o clock in the afternoon  (she's hilarious) and the public bathrooms in Dallas need to have the little paper toilet seat covers because it just grosses me out that they don't. 

Peace out, Dallas!  I'm heading back to AZ tomorrow morning. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sprinkles, Panera, and Whole Foods are three things that I really, really, REALLY miss from living in L.A.! Love your new purse!

Re: the Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix, I found it on an end cap! It wasn't hanging up with the rest of the Archer Farms trail mix. Hopefully you can find some soon!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Nothing is better than cupcakes, shopping, and purses! I'm jealous!