Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sara Does Dallas - Round 1

Hi everyone!  Here I am, blogging from Dallas, Texas on a Tuesday afternoon.   I started my trip on Saturday by heading to Tulsa, but now I'm in Dallas for the week.  I had a college fair to go to on Sunday afternoon in OK, and then I flew out to Dallas yesterday morning.

In Tulsa, I got to my college fair a bit early, so decided to drive around for a bit and found THE CUTEST neighborhood!  There were large trees, squirrels running around (many squished on the road too) and so much green foliage (growing up in AZ, seeing green is still a bit foreign for me), plus the cutest houses I've ever seen.  They were cute looking "country" type homes and they were all on huge lots.  We don't have houses like this in AZ, so I decided to snap some pictures as I drove through the area. 

 IMG_0906[2]

Isn't it a cute house?

 IMG_0907[2]

Look how green it is!

IMG_0908[2]

The lot of this house was crazy huge!

Well, I had a college fair this morning and I have another tonight.  On the way back from the fair this morning, I stopped to have lunch at Panera Bread (YUM!  We need these in AZ) and then returned to my hotel to do some reading.  I'm on a reading kick lately, so if you have any good books to read, please let me know!!  Today I finished reading the DRAFT of "Midnight Sun" by Stephenie Meyer.  It's her bestseller "Twilight" but it's from Edward's point of view, so it's familiar but totally different (and only available on her website).  I loved it just like the rest of the Twilight saga and I really hope that she decides to finish writing the book.  Next up on my list is "The Host," also by Ms. Meyer, which I'm about 1/4 of the way into, and then comes "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West."  So many good books to read!!

Well, I've read.  I've clipped and filed my nails.  And I've blogged.  Now I need to iron my pants for tonight, get some coffee and get my tush on the road to my fair tonight! 

That's my update!  Miss you, Arizona.  And miss you, Jeremy! :)

1 comment:

Jaime said...

not sure how long you are in dallas but you should go to fearing's if you want to splurge. a few other GREAT places to eat (moderate to expensive) are hibiscus and 2900. for good casual dining fireside pies is perfect.