Thursday, September 11, 2008

Proud to be an AMERICAN

In light of the day, I would just like to say that I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN. 

Seven years ago today, I was a freshman during my 3rd week of college at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.  My roommate had early class and as I slept, I remember hearing her get up, get ready and leave.  Not even 10 minutes later, she returned to the room, turned on the light and the TV, and said, "Sara, a plane crashed into the World Trade Center."  Before I could come out of my sleeping state and realize what was happening, about five of our fellow freshmen dorm-mates came into our room and we watched the tragedy unfold on TV. 

The day was eerie.  Campus was quite.  Classes were canceled.  All flights were grounded.  Many students who had come to Embry-Riddle to train to be pilots, questioned what the future in aviation would now be.  But everyone came together on campus, as did the rest of the country.

It's funny how everyone remembers exactly what they were doing on September 11th, 2001.  We will never forget.


No comments: